The Fulcrum3D Sodar is a portable wind monitoring unit designed to measure wind speed, direction and inflow angle from 40m up to 200m above ground level. Optimized for the operating range of modern wind turbines, it is purpose-designed for high performance in complex terrain and to meet the stringent requirements of the wind energy industry.
The Fulcrum3D Sodar is delivered complete with its own trailer, solar power supply and communications system.
- Site prospecting and resource assessment
- Complementing met masts with additional Sodar monitoring locations to reduce yield uncertainty
- Directly measuring inflow angles to confirm turbine suitability for the site
- Measuring power performance of operating wind turbines, e.g. for O&M diagnostic.
- Verifying of wind shear above an existing met mast
- Directly measuring wind shear across the turbine area
- Providing low cost wind measurements for noise monitoring campaigns
Fulcrum3D’s Flightdeck provides a web-based data delivery and analysis interface allowing access, download and analysis of data.